Moving house is not easy. Lifting, loading, and unloading heavy furniture and electronic items is not a child’s play.
If not handled properly, it can take a big toll on your physical health.
The best way to avoid any unfortunate event and keep injuries at bay is by hiring a reliable moving company. Visit https://www.cbdmovers.com.au/removals/removalists-melbourne/ and request a quote.
Some other tips to avoid injuries during the move are:
1. Don’t lift heavy furniture if you’ve medical history
Lifting heavy furniture like a sofa, refrigerator, dressing table can cause physical injuries. And if you have any medical history, this can put you at a higher risk of developing complications like chronic back or muscle pain in the long run.
Moving house is a team task. It’s advisable to hire professional removalists in Perth to help you lift small to big household items without putting your health at risk.
2. Smart packing
We know the platter is full with the impending move but packing needs your attention. Smart packing is one practical way to ensure you do not get injured while moving.
Some packing tips to follow are:
- Avoid overpacking
- Get rid of unwanted or broken items
- Wrap knives, blades, and gardening supplies with bubble wrap
- Wrap mirrors or glass items in cotton sheets or towels
- Provide adequate padding to boxes containing fragile items
- Use strong and durable moving boxes
- Tape the bottoms and tops of all containers
You can make this arduous task of packing easier and manageable by hiring the best removalists in Ballarat.
3. Use moving equipment
To experience a hassle-free and safe transition, you will need proper moving equipment.
Some must-have moving tools are:
- Moving dolly: Ideal for moving large and heavy household items like sofas, bookcases, and electronics.
- Furniture slider: Easy to move heavy pieces of furniture and prevents any floor damage.
- Elastic straps. Used for securing items during the move.
However, if you are hiring the best movers and packers in Sydney, then you shouldn’t worry about anything because they have their own moving equipment to make things super comfortable for you and your family.
4. Follow lifting rules
There are some basic furniture lifting protocols.
- Keep boxes a bit lighter in weight so that you can easily lift them
- Instead of lifting, drag heavy moving containers
- Avoid lifting anything over your head
- Instead of your back, use your legs to carry the load
- Take small steps when moving anything heavy
- Push heavy objects forward than pulling them backward
Hire a trained and experienced moving company to avoid minor to major injuries. Visit this website to seek professional help.
5. Keep the pathways clear
Cluttered and messed up pathways can make relocation a lot difficult and one may sustain injuries while moving.
Some of the tips to follow are:
- Remove any obstacles along the moving paths
- Create more open space both inside and outside your home
- Clean the outside areas that lead to the moving truck
- Trim shrubs and branches that might get in your way
6. Seek the help of friends and family
Moving house is not a one-man job. To ensure your safety, seek the help of your friends and family members.
From packing up the stuff to loading household items, arranging a moving van, and bringing equipment, your friends can make the moving process a lot easier.
In the end…
Moving is already daunting and you definitely don’t want to add an injury to the mix.
So, follow all safety tips to experience a safe and trouble-free relocation.
Have a great moving day!